The Let Us Build Cully Park! coalition began when Verde submitted a successful proposal to the NW Health Foundation’s Convergence Partnership program on behalf of Hacienda CDC, NAYA, Portland Community Reinvestment Initiatives and Verde in order to build momentum for the funding and construction of Cully Park.
Since 2010, many more groups have joined Let Us Build Cully Park!, including:
2011, Let Us Build Cully Park! partners collected over 200 surveys between mid-February and mid-March. The survey sought to identify community awareness of the Cully Park project, community issues around park development, and community interest in participating in park development activities. Findings included:
- 84% of Survey respondents stated that building Cully Park is "Important" or "Very Important."
- 81% of Survey respondents stated that it is "Important" or "Very Important" to create Jobs for local residents from building the park.
- 82% Survey respondents stated that it is "Important" or "Very Important" that the Park provides job training to local residents.
- 85% of Survey respondents stated that it is "Important" or "Very Important" that the Park provides education for local youth.
- 85% of survey respondents agreed that Cully Park offers community benefits. Specific benefits include:
- Health/exercise (65%)
- Sports (62%)
- Employment opportunities (40%+)
- Entertainment (40%+)
- Build Community (40%+)
- Community Garden (40%+)
- Picnicking (40%+)
Please click here to see a sample survey, and click here to see aggregated results of all survey respondents.